hi hey hello!! welcome back + happy 2020
I typically don’t do a “new years resolution” because I’ve never gotten the point of starting something just to say I’m starting it for the new year. Butttt this past year (mainly the past 3 ish months) has been full of a lot of self discovery both internally + externally, and that in and of itself deserves to be recognized.
2019 was a big year for me. I….
- Graduated from high school and left my lovely little international baccalaureate (nerd) and yearbook cults behind.
- Worked at the cutest ice cream-donut-coffee shop EVER (more to come on this later) but it was probably the best job I’ll ever have. So, if you’re ever in KC, don’t miss Fairway Creamery. It’s the best.
- Moved to Champaign, Illinois + found people and places I love
- Took weekend trips to fun places for fun reasons like DC to visit an old friend + Peoria, IL so Hank and I could go to a “Woodstock Revival Concert” (we were the only people there under 65 years old – whoops)
- Joined a sorority + became apparel chair (hi phi sig!!)
- Changed my major and learned to be okay with it
- +++ restarted the blog (YAY)
- Survived + learned from some not-so-fun health issues (be nice to your pancreas!!)
- briefly had a pet rabbit (??)
SO, going into 2020 I have a few goals//aspirations//whatever-you-want-to-call-thems
MIND + BODY
As I said before, I went through a few college-induced health scares in the first semester at U of I. While everything turned out “okay” and I got put on some medication that works in curbing my symptoms, after lots of thought, I have came to the conclusion that I do not want to have to take medicine every day for the rest of the foreseeable future. That being said, I also don’t really enjoy feeling sick every time I eat or drink anything that isn’t oyster crackers and/or saltines.
So, I’m trying Kenzie Burke’s 21 day reset to see how my body reacts to some good, clean, eating. I’ll for sure keep updates, but the past week-ish on it has felt great and I haven’t needed my medicine once!! While I’m missing my typical two ice creams a day, I think my body is grateful that I’m not mass consuming dairy (lol).
Before I left KC for Champaign, I spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to feel like I was filling my time better in college. So, a more mental goal for me is to make my moments feel more purposeful, whether that’s my walk to class or an hour of free time before bed.
If you’re an og follower of With Love Elle, you’ve seen the many (many) various stages this blog has gone through. Of course, as I grow + develop as an individual this blog will too, but I have never been as proud of it as I am now. I aspire to let With Love Elle hold everything, from my design portfolio, to my food-obsessions, to whatever else I feel it needs.
So, my friends, thank you for reading this very belated resolution post. Finding the right words for this has been a challenge and I hope to be more consistent in all that I do this upcoming year. Love you alllllll + I am endlessly grateful that I have this outlet for my thoughts.
Happy (late) 2020!!!
with love, Elle